If you are looking for an individual personalised cycling program written to fit in with your school, university or work commitments, we can help you. We cater for juniors aspiring to become National level cyclists as well as U19, U23, elite and masters riders.
What we can offer you:
- Personalised monthly training program
- Opportunity to train with Level 2 cycling coaches (for those athletes living in Melbourne)
- Ability to learn and enhance your current bike skills (descending, cornering, sprinting, riding in bunches, etc)
- Support at many races throughout the year – learn tactics and team racing
- Advice on nutrition,
- Stretching and core stability needs,
- Professional bike and cleat setup
- Qualified Scientific power and lactate testing
- 15 years of coaching and directing experience at an International Level (Bob Kelly)
- 8 years of professional international racing, including two road world championships (Helen Kelly)
- the unique experience of being coached by a male and female coach, concurrently
- 7 day week access via email, skype, text, phone
- If you are interested in being coached, please download and complete the following forms
Want to get started?
- Email us to arrange a time to have an initial meeting and athlete assessment.
- This meeting will take approximately 1.5-2hrs. (all athletes under 18 need to be accompanied by at least one parent). This athlete assessment process will cost $100. Initial set up for overseas athletes is done via skype once all paperwork has been scanned and received. Bike fit is included if overseas athletes fly to visit us.
- Bring the completed Program Start Sheet with you. We will discuss your athletic background, short and long term goals, racing options, etc.
- Bring filled in calendars with your commitments and availability to train. (we will go through this in detail in the Program Start Process).
- Bank details to setup the monthly ezypay payments will be completed at this time or invoicing via paypal for overseas athletes. DDR_Form
- Complete road bike and cleat fit. Please bring your road bike, shoes and knicks to this athlete assessment meeting as you will receive a bike fit as part of this athlete assessment cost. Further bike fit information.
- Regular communication with your coach will give you the best out of your coaching. Communication can be via phone, skype, email, text, facebook, twitter, etc.
- You will also receive a complimentary pair of Kelly Cycle Coaching cycling socks at this meeting, as well as information about bike equipment chooses, nutrition, racing tactics, etc.
Options for coaching programs
You can choose the level of coaching and additional services that best suits your individual needs.
Online diary – power/heartrate
|One on one private
|Program Start fee
|U17′s and younger||$150||$50||
1st hour $150
2nd hour $100
3rd hour $75
4th hour $50
Includes planning, goal setting,
Individual training program
You will receive a personalised monthly training program written to suit your ability, goals and commitments. You are able to communicate with the coaches by phone, skype, email, in person as required/7 days per week.
Online diary/power & heartrate analysis
In addition to an individualised program, we also offer an online diary / power analysis package.
- It is real time coaching – manipulating your training sessions to adjust for factors which cannot be predicted when your program is planned and written ahead of time. This is not offered without cyclists being on an individual training program
- The analysis involves reviewing and monitoring your sessions (cadence, power, heartrate, duration), review of TSS and IF, constant consideration to your accumulated fatigue levels.
- You will need to set up an online Training Peaks subscription. Click here to read more about the benefits of training with power.
One on one private lessons
These lessons need to be set up in advance by emailing Bob or Helen Kelly.
- For all one on one sessions we request athletes get a bike fit first with KCC.
- Often cornering, descending, balance and sprint difficulties are caused by an incorrectly fitted bike. (problems with handle bars – can’t reach brakes, bars too narrow/wide/deep/shallow, saddle not fitting properly (soreness/too narrow/side/high/short), saddle setback incorrect so weight not distributed evenly over bike, bike size incorrect, headstem length and angle).
- Private lessons can be one hour in duration or up to 4 hours.
- For small group skills sessions please email us to discuss pricing options.