Do you need a bike fit?
You ride on weekends, maybe you commute to work or uni/school, or perhaps you are training more seriously but your bike doesn’t quite feel right?
- Have you recently purchased a new bike but haven’t set it up correctly?
- Do your shoulders and arms ache after a ride?
- Do you get numb feet or hands during a ride?
- Does your neck gets really stiff after a ride?
- Is it difficult for you to ride in the drops because you can’t reach the brakes or change gears in this position?
What is involved in a Kelly Cycle Coaching bike fit?
- We review and set your cleat position correctly under your bike shoes, review any foot pronation and ensure your model of cycling shoe maximises your foot comfort
- We assess what type of cyclist you are, as this governs the position you would like to ride in (ie a commuter versus a road racer)
- We perform an initial review of you on your bike – review flexibility issues, previous injuries that may inhibit range of motion, current injuries, etc
- We consider any left/right leg length differences
- We adjust your saddle to ensure it maximises comfort and you are correctly positioned relative to the bottom bracket/pedal axel and your patella
- Review of your bike saddle shape/width to assess how well it supports your ‘sit bones’
- We review your hands, wrists, shoulders, head angle and upper body when in your riding position. Suggested position changes depend on the type of rider you are.
What do you need to bring?
- Your bike (mtb, road, track, time trial, CX)
- Cycling knicks
- Cycling shoes
A complete bike fit will take about 1-1.5hrs. All bike fits are by appointment only. Please use the form below to arrange your bike fit.
After your bike set up, if there have been significant changes made, it may take a couple of rides for your body to adjust to your new position. Usually, previous major discomfort issues you may have had, will be eleviated.
After two or three rides, you should contact us and tell us how the new position feels. Your feedback is important and helps ensure you are completely happy with your new position. Occassionally, further minor adjustments may be required.
A complete bike and cleat fit costs $165 (incl GST). Bikes with an integrated seatpost due to time involved in cutting the post cost $190 (incl GST). Additional bikes fitted (at the time of the first bike fit) will cost $110. (incl GST).
Payment can be made once your appointment is confirmed.