Kelly Cycle Coaching coaches a number of very talented cyclists.
Every rider starts out as a beginner. They need to learn many important skills such as how to:
- clip in without looking down at your pedal,
- corner smoothly and lean the bike towards the corner (without your knee sticking out),
- drink and eat while riding,
- descend and learn how to ride through the apex of the corner,
- do a U turn on a narrow bike path without unclipping,
- ride the rollers,
- ride no hands to take a jacket off.
It is often easy to forget that every experienced athlete, was once a novice and it is only with coaching, consistent training and hard work, that they have improved and reached their goals.
Each month we will do an athlete feature story on a Kelly Cycle Coaching athlete. You can read about how this athlete got into cycling, what training they love doing, and generally some ‘cool interesting facts’ about them.
- Ben Andrews - Athlete of the month
- Athlete Profile: Aaron Eynaud
- Athlete Profile - Emily Wordie-Thompson
- Athlete profile - Emily Dunk
- Athlete Profile - Bryce Morey