Kelly Cycle Coaching is planning a KCC training camp in the Sept school holidays. This camp comprises of a whole week of riding in the Australian Alps. All meals provided, great accommodation and amazing training location in Bright, Victoria.
Don’t miss out. Email now to secure your spot. Available to U15’s, U17’s and U19 riders. Read below to find out the details.
Riders will stay in rooms of 3-4. Each room has its own bathroom. All linen and towels provided. Rooms serviced daily.
Full buffet for breakfast and dinner daily. Riders make their lunch daily plus snacks as needed.
Secure bike room for all bike equipment.
Qualified Level 2 coaches instructing riders plus support coach/coaches.
Riders split into groups during the rides according to fitness levels and experience.
Monday 29 Sept: (arrival 12-12.30pm. Bring lunch on first day).
Camp starts at 1pm. Welcome by KCC, learn the rules, meet each other.
The following schedule is being planned (subject to weather etc):
Monday afternoon: short ride and skills session, (followed by dinner & evening activity).
Tuesday: Longer hilly ride focusing on climbing technique
Wednesday: Undulating ride am. Followed by skills session.
Thursday: Sprint session – learning how to sprint, practicing coming off the wheel, learning how lead outs work
Afternoon activities include: stretching, core exercises, table tennis, cleaning bikes, river activities, etc
Fri 3 Oct: Recovery spin after breakfast, then pack up. Collected by parents/family/friends at 11.30am. (lunch not supplied on this day)
Note: The above schedule suits any riders planning to attend the junior track (NTJS) in Sydney. The km’s riden will be reduced as needed. Emphasis for these riders on Wed and Thur will be on technique, skills.
More senior riders needing more km’s will be accommodated with longer ride sessions each day.
What you will learn on the camp?
- learn how to climb efficiently
- understanding the technique of climbing in and out of the saddle
- how to sprint,
- various bike skills (cornering, leaning, descending, bunny hopping, track standing, etc)
- learn new core exercises and why you need to do these
- learn how to stretch
- learn what it means to be in a cycling team. (how to start the process as riders progress from junior racing into U19’s)
- practice communication and interpersonal skills throughout the week
Limited to 30 riders. How to secure your place??
- Email Helen and get yourself on the camp list
- Fill in the attached form and send to KCC. KCCCampForm_Sept2014
- Pay your deposit by 15 Aug (and full payment by 15 Sept).
- Await final camp details in mid September including detailed clothing list of what to bring, etc
|Payment of the camp|
|Deposit by 15 August||$250|
|Final payment by 15 Sept||$300|