Bob and Helen Kelly are a wonderful male/female coaching combination suitable for athletes of all ages.
Kelly Cycle Coaching’s philosophy is to:
- ensure athletes don’t neglect their studies/family life in pursuit of their cycling goals
- develop a well-rounded athlete who also socialises outside their circle of cycling friends
- ensure the athlete maintains a co-operative relationship within their family environment
Bob has directed teams at an international level throughout North America and Europe. He has coached cyclists for over 15 years and has represented Australia in karate, triathlon and orienteering. His ‘what you see is what you get’ style of coaching is well liked by many athletes who have risen from the junior ranks to winning National titles under his steady guidance.
- Level 2 cycling coach
- Coached athletes to a State, National and International level for the past 20 years.
- Directed professional women road teams in Australia, New Zealand, Europe and North America
- Victorian Senior Track Team Coach, 2010
- 1st, Metro Road Championships, (Masters), 2009
- Raced Melbourne to Warnambool, (299km), 2003
- Specializes predominantly in the development of adolescent age athletes in both road and track cycling.
0412 827 001
Helen retired from international competition in February 2010 after racing professionally for 8 years and representing Australia at the World Championship level. She carved out a career as a highly respected ‘domestique’ and helped her team achieve podium results in world cups, as well as the women’s Tour de France and other major international races. Helen’s recent journey from club level rider to the pinnacle of women’s cycling makes her a great resource for our athletes who are striving to follow this same pathway.
- Level 2 Cycle Coach
- Raced professionally on the road in Europe, Australia and North America since 2001
- Raced Women’s Giro and Women’s Tour de France
- Represented Australia at the UCI World Road Championships, 2005 and 2006
- Victorian Track Team Member, 2008, 2009, 2010
- Victorian Individual Pursuit Champion, 2009 and 2010
- Australian Road Sprint Champion, 2001
- Victorian Time Trial Champion, 2001, 2002, 2003
- Redlands Sprint Jersey Winner, 2003, California
- Australian Team Pursuit, 2nd 2009, 3rd 2008 & 2010,
- Jayco Bay Criterium Series, Stage 3, 1st, 2010
- Held a Victorian Institute of Sport Road and Track endurance Scholarship 2004 – 2009.
Helen has a wealth of international experience and is now helping to develop the next generation of elite cyclists come from Victoria.
0419 268 644